Sipping coffee is a delightful morning routine for most people. Besides the delicious flavour and addicting aroma, drinking coffee delivers wellness benefits. But did you know that shooting caffeine up your rectum and into the colon has more healthful benefits? In this article, we are going to give you a short but thorough introduction to coffee enema. We will also feature tips that will be useful for beginners who want to try it soon.
What is coffee enema?
In essence, coffee enema is an alternative wellness procedure that involves the infusion of coffee enema liquid into the colon via the rectal canal.
This procedure is indicated for people suffering from toxic liver syndrome and a crucial element of the Gerson Cancer Therapy; an alternative medicine approach in treating symptoms experienced by cancer patients.
Coffee enema is also being used as a colon cleanser and is known to be an effective treatment for constipation.
Other uses for coffee enema are as follows:
- Yeast overgrowth such as Candida infection
- Infestation of intestinal parasites
- Chronic fatigue
- Depression and mood swings
- Long-term pain
Coffee enema is also a recommended procedure for those with the following symptoms:
- Low energy levels
- Skin inflammation conditions such as acne, rosacea, and eczema
- Improve overall digestive function
The Origin of Coffee Enema
Coffee enema first appeared during World War I when medications were short in supply. During this period, doctors and nurses administered clear-water enema to relieve the pain of wounded and injured soldiers. Pain killers and potent anesthetics were only administered to patients in critical condition such as in serious injuries and for surgical procedures. According to accounts, a nurse accidentally transferred brewed coffee on an enema container. The patiently who was administered with coffee solution instead of water reported significant pain relief after the enema. It was then applied by other healthcare providers to patients suffering from mild to moderate pain.
The formal introduction of coffee enema was accomplished by acclaimed naturopath Dr. Max Gerson. It is a crucial element of his Gerson Cancer Therapy, an alternative medicine cancer treatment that is performed by cancer patients as an adjunct therapy with more traditional cancer treatment protocols such as radiation therapy and chemotherapy. The Gerson Cancer Therapy involves the consumption of high volumes of raw vegetables and fruits, coffee enema, and vitamins and minerals supplementation.
Coffee enema when used by cancer patients deliver pain relief and alleviation of symptoms that are typically experienced after traditional cancer treatments. Coffee compounds are known to significantly reduce the concentration of toxins in the bloodstream and liver. This detoxification effect helps cancer patients live their everyday lives with reduced pain and discomfort. According to the Gerson Institute, coffee enema should be performed every four hours for optimum liver detoxification results.
How does coffee enema work?
In order to appreciate the wellness benefits of performing coffee enema, it is best to gain understanding of how it induces detoxification.
The beneficial compounds in coffee affects one of the most vital detoxification pathways called the liver-gallbladder-intestines detox pathway. First, we must understand the important functions of these excretory organs:
- The liver processes all waste materials that enter and produced by the body. It functions to breakdown toxins for faster and safer elimination.
- The liver produces bile, an enzyme that primarily transports neutralised toxins away from the body. In addition, bile also functions as a fat emulsifier; thus it is considered a vital element to proper fat digestion.
- The bile produced by the liver is stored in the gallbladder. It is then released then we consume food items that contains fats. The gallbladder contracts and releases a small amount of bile to facilitate fat emulsification and then escort all eastes away from the body through elimination.
In these day and age, the food that we eat are saturated with ingredients that are considered toxic to various parts of the body. An overburdened liver-gallbladder-intestines is the result of chronic intake of low-quality food items such as fast foods, processed foods, canned goods and the likes. These toxin-filled food items result in thick and sludgy bile which then has a negative impact on gallbladder functions, too. There is higher incidence of gastrointestinal dysfunction as a result of poor diet. Majority of people who eat unhealthy food are more prone to digestive problems and are unable to eliminate waste products and toxins in an efficient manner.
The coffee enema detox procedure was meant to affect the three major excretory organs:
- The Gallbladder
Beneficial coffee compounds such as caffeine and palmitates stimulate the gallbladder to release bile in small portions. The release of bile automatically triggers peristalsis or the contractions of the smooth muscles along the gastrointestinal tract. Peristalsis is one of the main movers of toxins from the smaller intestine to the colon, and then away from the body through fecal elimination. In addition, coffee enema helps prevent bile resorption along with the toxins and waste products that it is flushing out of the body. Typically, the body re-absorbs the bile as a means of energy production. However, in this highly toxic world of ours, bile along with the toxins it escorts, should be eliminated altogether.
- The Liver
In essence, the caffeine and palmitic acids concentration in organic coffee solutions stimulate the production of more bile which aids in the elimination of fats and toxins. Furthermore, palmitates in coffee also stimulates the production of the body?s master antioxidant called glutathione S-transferase as well as amino acid glutathione. These natural enzymes kill free radicals and helps in the escorting of toxins away from the body. Coffee enema enhances the overall functionality of the liver?s detoxification abilities and aids the liver in accomplishing its detoxification tasks.
- The Intestines
The astringent qualities of coffee sloughs off all impacted fecal wastes and debris that have accumulated in the colon. The collection of mucous membrane in the top most layer of the colon can impede the absorption of nutrients and minerals before elimination. The mere presence of water in the colon stimulates peristalsis which then aids in faster, more efficient removal of waste materials along the digestive tract.
You might be wondering how coffee compounds reaches the liver from the colon. This task is handled mostly by the portal vein that connects the colon to the liver. The portal vein is responsible for transporting nutrients from the colon to the liver and then distributed throughout the entire body via systemic blood circulation. The beneficial coffee compounds are absorbed by the liver with the help of the portal vein. For optimal absorption to be possible, coffee enema users are required to retain the coffee enema solution within the colon between 12 to 15 minutes for best results.
What are the positive benefits of regular coffee enema?
Coffee enema is not only limited for use among patients under the Gerson Cancer Therapy. It can also be used by healthy individuals who simply want to further enhance their state of wellness through safe and natural detoxification.
When performed within the recommended frequency, coffee enema is guaranteed to deliver the following benefits:
- Optimal liver detoxification capabilities
- Enhanced cell energy production
- Improved systemic blood circulation
- Improved overall immune system functioning
- Efficient cellular regeneration process
- Restoration of optimal digestive functioning
- Regular bowel movements
- The alleviation of skin inflammatory conditions such as cystic acne, psoriasis, and eczema
What important pointers should I need to remember when performing coffee enema?
- Only use organic coffee beans in the preparation of enema solution. Using regular coffee cancels out the beneficial effects of coffee enema in the body. Regular coffee has been proven to contain toxins in the form of fertilisers and pesticides- all of which may cause more danger than good to the body.
- For beginners or those with high toxin load, we highly recommend performing a clear-water enema prior to coffee enema procedure. It is best to stimulate the liver and colon with a gentler solution before performing coffee enema.
- If you suffer from gastric bowel disease, an inflamed colon, or haemorrhoids, we highly suggest that you consult a naturopath or your doctor prior to starting coffee enema at home.
- Always make sure to use a kit that is designed for coffee liver detox. A more practical approach to coffee enema is by buying a sturdy coffee enema kit that features a stainless-steel bucket container. They are long lasting and one that you can use repeatedly and can last for many years.
Now that you have a clear understanding of how coffee enema works, it?s now time for you to get your own coffee enema kit and perform this potent liver detox practice at home. For enquiries, you may reach us on 0414 064 491 today.