Detoxification is a tried-and-tested practice that cleanses the body of toxins and other impurities. Even our ancestors utilised detox as a way to purify the body. But did you know that detoxification proves to be an extremely valuable practice in that it not only rids the body of toxins, but it also nourishes the body and helps in keeping vital organ systems at its peak function?
Enema is a detox technique that promises to cleanse, nourish, and enhance our overall health and wellness. By eliminating harmful toxins with the use of water, our digestive function is restored. There are different types of enemas; each with its own unique detox benefits and all are considered beneficial if your goal is to uplift your overall quality of life.
In this article, we will enumerate enema basics as well as the different types of enema that you can do at home or obtain as a professional wellness service at a clinic.
What is colon cleanse enema?
The primary goal of enema detox is to cleanse the colon by removing all types of impurities including fecal matter, toxins, heavy metals, and other forms of foreign debris. Our unhealthy lifestyle practices that include poor diet and lack of exercise slows down the overall digestive function. Once our gastrointestinal function declines, the ability of the colon to eliminate waste material slows down, too. Enema aims to assist the colon during the process of elimination, a process which not only enhances gastrointestinal function, but is also instrumental in keeping other organ systems functioning at their best.
A powerful natural colon cleansing enema is known to deliver the following benefits:
- Stimulates peristalsis which pertains to the contraction of smooth muscles along the digestive system. The smooth muscle movements pushes all undigested food particles as well as other waste materials faster along the gastrointestinal tract, thereby ensuring proper elimination process.
- ?Colon cleansing also boosts metabolism, thereby enables users to lose weight effectively and at a faster rate.
- The absence of toxins in the colon as a result of colon cleansing enema allows for nutrients from undigested food particles to be absorbed by the colon walls. With additional nutrients to nourish the body, energy levels increase, too.
When should you perform a colon cleansing enema?
There are no special cases that necessitates a colon cleanse enema. In short, anybody can perform a colon cleanse enema at home, provided instructions are followed to the letter.
Of course, the common precautionary measures are to be followed by pregnant women, breastfeeding mothers, and individuals diagnosed with autoimmune diseases.
In this world full of toxins, it is imperative that we colon cleanse at least once every few months if you want to cleanse, purify and renew not only the colon but all the cells of the body, too. ?If you suffer from the symptoms listed down below, you may want to give colon cleanse enema a try:
- Easy fatigability
- Constipation or difficulty in passing stool
- Skin eruptions or skin inflammation symptoms including rosacea, eczema, and acne breakouts
- Acute allergic reactions
- Common digestive issues including bloating, excessive gas, diarrhoea, and indigestion
- Mood swings
- Low-energy levels
Here are pointers to follow before you perform your very first colon cleanse enema:
- Before you perform a clear water enema, it may be best if you lighten up the body?s toxic load first. It is best to taper the consumption of processed foods, junk foods, and fast food items that may contain high levels of chemicals and preservatives. It is also recommended to stop the consumption of alcohol as well as cigarette smoking, too. By stopping unhealthy lifestyle habits, the toxic load in the colon decreases, which in turn makes it easier for the body to eliminate impurities that have accumulated in the colon.
How to Perform Clear Water Enema?
Simply put, clear water enema is a detox technique that involves the elimination of impacted fecal waste in the colon. It is a form of hydrotherapy, which means toxins and wastes are broken down solely by water alone.
Distilled or purified water is infused into the colon via the rectum. A colon cleansing enema kit is a must-have for this procedure as it facilitates the introduction of water into the colon.
The presence of liquid in the colon stimulates the movement of the smooth muscles that line the gastrointestinal system. This process also known as peristalsis, aims to move all undigested food particles from the upper portion of the gastrointestinal tract into the colon.
In addition, clear water enema also softens impacted fecal matter that have accumulated in the colon. The sluggish movement of fecal matter may impede the reabsorption of nutrients as well as produce unwanted symptoms such as acute constipation. Water is effective in loosening up the impacted fecal materials, which in turn helps in the efficient removal of toxins via elimination.
Here are the things that you need in order to perform a colon cleansing enema at home:
- Enema kit consisting of an enema bag or stainless-steel bucket, silicone enema tubing, and clamp.
- Distilled or filtered water
- Cooking pan
- Fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth
- Old towel
- Natural lubricant such as coconut oil or olive oil
Other types of enema
Detoxification is not only limited to clear water colon cleansing enema. You may also add other beneficial ingredients with water for additional benefits. One of the most popular types of detox enema is coffee enema. It is ideal for those suffering from a toxic liver and those diagnosed with cancer.
Coffee enema was formulated by world-famous naturopath Dr. Max Gerson in the 1930s. Coffee enema is an essential part of the Gerson Cancer Therapy which features a three-phase program that includes a high consumption of raw fruits and vegetables as well as vitamins and minerals supplementation. Coffee contains beneficial compounds that help in cleansing the liver as well as purify the colon, too.
The two beneficial compounds in coffee are as follows:
These two coffee compounds are known to trigger the following processes:
- The presence of caffeine stimulates the liver to work in removing toxins more efficiently. It helps the liver to strain wastes from the bloodstream, too.
- Caffeine also triggers increased bile production. Bile is an enzyme that emulsifies fats and facilitates the movement of toxins from the liver and into the small intestine for further elimination.
- Palmitates or palmitic acids are vital in that they stimulate increased production of glutathione S-transferase – the body?s master antioxidant. Increased levels of glutathione in the bloodstream helps combat free radicals that attack the cells and tissues in various parts of the body. Glutathione also helps in the elimination of toxins from the bloodstream, liver and colon.
When performing an enema at home, it is essential that users follow these pointers:
- Only use organic coffee grounds when preparing the enema solution. Using regular coffee will only help in colon cleansing but may be harmful to the liver as it contains high amounts of chemicals such as pesticides and herbicides.
- It is ideal to use light to medium-roast coffee when preparing coffee enema solution. According to research, light to medium roast coffee grounds contain the highest concentrations of beneficial compounds caffeine and palmitates. For weight loss on the other hand, users are recommended using dark roast coffee beans for optimal results.
- Unless advised by your medical or wellness practitioner, coffee enema is a detox procedure that can be performed once a week. This is especially true for healthy individuals who simply want to maintain optimal liver functions. Cancer patients on the other hand are typically advised to perform coffee enema every four hours or six times a day to alleviate unwanted symptoms brought about by traditional cancer treatment protocols.
Are there side effects or complications that beginners need to learn about when administering an enema?
In general, enema administration is considered to be 100% safe and effective. But before you perform one yourself at home, make sure to seek the advice or approval of your medical health practitioner. There are cases where enema may be contraindicated due to existing conditions, including the presence of hemorrhoids, abdominal hernia, diverticulosis, intestinal perforation, and cardiovascular conditions. Pregnant mothers are also not advised to perform an enema as this may cause contractions that may result in premature labour contractions as well.
What are the wellness benefits of performing colon cleansing and coffee enemas?
- Restores optimal digestive functioning
- Speeds up metabolism resulting in natural weight loss
- Alleviation of common gastrointestinal symptoms
- Healthier and clearer skin
- Liver detox
- Restores the body?s high energy levels
- Provides pain relief
- Improved mood
- Enhances immune system functioning
If you want to learn more about the different types of enema or if you wish to purchase an enema kit for home use, click here. For enquiries, you may also call us on 1300 475 877 today.